Your Listing: Photography Tips
15 April 2014
Want the right person for your space? Then show off the goods!
Good photography is essential to a successful Creative Spaces listing. This doesn’t mean you need to go out and hire a photographer, but it does mean taking a little time to style your space and get it looking its best.
We’ve put together some tips for optimising your photos.
Tips for Taking Good Photographs
- Lighting: make sure your spaces are well lit. If there’s not a lot of natural light, try turning on lamps and other lights.
- De-clutter: work with current occupiers to ensure desk spaces are clean and tidy and shared spaces are clutter-free. It’s a good excuse to tackle that filing you’ve been putting off.
- Photograph into a corner: standing back as far as you can, photograph into a corner in order to get the fullest picture of the space on offer.
- Highlight the highlights: if there’s something special or unique about your space, don’t just write about it, show it off. Shots of courtyards, recording equipment, foosball tables, indoor forests – these things will help set you apart from the rest.
- The more the merrier: take as many photos as you can. People like to get a good idea of a space before they venture out and visit. Space listings with more photographs tend to get more enquiries than those with one or two.
Benefits of taking good photos:
- Your listing is more likely to be featured in our featured listings
- You will get more enquiries
- You’ll probably like your space more with it looking spiffy
- Our users will be better informed, reducing the number of random questions you might be asked
You may also like…
1 October 2013
Top Tip: Find Rehearsal Spaces
Did you know you can search all our listings by ...Read More
16 June 2014
New: Map Results
Have you seen our new map search results? This ...Read More
10 December 2014
Creative Spaces in 2014
What a fantastic year it has been for creative spa...Read More
3 January 2017
Interview with Dianna Wells, Meat Market
We spoke to Dianna Wells, a photographic ...Read More