- Professional photography studio / cyclorama available for day hire-
Black Door Studio is a photography studio with permanent, purpose-built 6x6m cyclorama, in a creative warehouse in Chippendale; just a few minutes walk from Central and Redfern Stations. It is available for day hire at competitive rates.
Ideal for photographers looking for a convenient and central studio, the space has built-in shutters, reflective surfaces, and polyboards for general use. It has lots of natural daylight or can be totally blacked out depending on your needs.The space is available 7 days a week with secure keycode entry, and also has Wi-Fi, mirrors, floor drapes, ladders, and trolleys on wheels suitable for laptops etc.
The studio is on the ground floor with shared meeting table, kitchen facilities and bathroom upstairs. The first floor is an office space for architects/designers and photographers; the building is home to several other creative industries, and is one minute walk away from Central Park, Brickfields bakery, cafes, art galleries, etc. Nearby to equipment rental shops (e.g. The Front) located in Redfern / Central.
Please note prices are for the space only and don't include equipment (e.g. lighting), other than that listed above.
Studio day rates:
1. $240 + GST for full day (9am-5pm)
2. $175 +GST for half day (9am-1pm or 1pm-5pm)
All rates are excluding GST.
Extended hours used on the day (after 5pm) are charged at $40/hr.
- Early Starts: Standard studio hours are 9am-5pm. Entry before 9am is charged at $60/hour - please contact us to arrange.
- White Background Walls: The use of the white background walls is included in the standard rate. In this case we require the use of the provided floor drapes to fully protect the cyclorama.
- White Freshly Painted Cyclorama Floor: $70 per booking (if required). Please let us know if you required the white floor to be uncovered for your booking. This fee covers cleaning and general usage of the cyclorama only. There is no additional charge if the floor remains covered.
- An additional cleaning fee of $100 will be charged if the cyclorama/studio is left in an excessively dirty state.
- Please advise us if you're likely to be doing anything that might require more extensive cleaning than normal (e.g. use of coloured liquids etc.) as this may need to be negotiated.
We can also arrange for a professional photographer for your shoot if required. Please get in touch for further details.
We usually require all organisations that use the space to have $20M Public Liability Insurance to cover the use of the studio (this is usually a standard amount offered with most insurance policies) - but if you don't have this in place please contact us to discuss.
The space has also been used for exhibiting, workshops, rehearsal and performance space, and many others - so if you have any questions, just get in touch.
For all enquiries, contact Simon or Julin on the details provided.
Full Day (9am-5pm): $240+GST
Half day (9am - 1pm, or 1pm - 5pm): $175+GST
Additional hours after 5pm: $40/hr
Additional hours before 9am: $60/hr
$70 additional cleaning fee if white / uncovered floor is required (otherwise floor drapes will be in place on the floor)
We require all businesses/photographers to have Public Liability Insurance with cover up to $20 million.
Street parking is available on a metered basis.
Shared driveway may be used for pickup/dropoff depending on availability.