Type of space: Multi-use Space, Visual Art Studio, Manufacturing/Fabrication Space, Music Performance Venue, Pop-up Space, Rehearsal Space, Sound Recording Studio, Warehouse
What is Candyland? Candyland = Creative Connected Community
Candyland is a newly established multidisciplinary community arts, healing & learning space offering up to 9 dedicated studios for individual creative practitioners & entrepreneurs, a 30m2 space that accommodates a variety of healing modalities, therapeutic practices, workshops & rehearsals, as well as a 150 m2 venue space for multi usage e.g. theatre & dance performance, shared maker space, exhibitions, photography and film. Candyland is a massive warehouse converted and finished to a high standard, nestled between Thornbury and Coburg with access to public transport within walking distance.
What do we do? We aim to create a strong culture which supports creativity, community and connectedness in an environment devoted to furthering individual and collective pursuits. We offer regular open-learning forums that are designed to be both inclusive and educational. We host multi-disciplinary artist-makers and practitioners to further their practice across a wide range of mediums, from permaculture, book binding to open dance events.
- Newly built & renovated multi-purpose spaces that are inviting and practical
- Beautifully styled, colourful common foyer & meeting area with communal table
- Individual studio spaces that offer privacy and security for creative practitioners & entrepreneurs across a wide array of disciplines
- Multiple venue spaces catering to a wide variety of practices, workshops & events
- Lush in/outdoor kitchen & decorative gardens based on permaculture principles
- Opportunities to be involved and engage in the Candyland & wider community
- Unlimited broadband internet access
- Kitchenette & toilets
- Access for practitioners of differing abilities and diverse backgrounds
- A summertime outdoor cinema
- Inclusivity, autonomy and sustainable practices
What does it cost? The pricing structure varies according to space required, projected usage and length of time required. Your participation and practical contribution are considered to be a vital part of the pricing structure. Your contribution could take the form of a public workshop offering or utilising your administrative expertise. In return for this contribution Candyland can offer a wide variety of benefits for community minded individuals.
To make enquiries and to arrange to inspect what Candyland has to offer, please contact Lea & Todd via email using the contact form provided.
To be discussed with Candyland (we offer multiple venues and prices varies according to usage, organisation/charity output and other factors)
Studios are priced according to square meterage, and are leased with a minimum term of 3 months. Its month to month after that. Studio bond is one month’s rent. Rent is paid a month in advance and the rent cycle begins on the 1st (though you can move in when required - we will calculate a per day rate up until the 1st). The bond along with your first month's rent are paid before you move in.
Unlimited on street parking available