Fantastic fully kitted-out Ceramic Studio space - 68sqm with all key facilities available:
- 1 Pug mill
- 1 Brand new electric Evenheat kiln 2322 http://www.evenheat-kiln.com/?pg=models&c=8&p=36 - 5.8 cubic feet (Cone 8 max)
- 1 small Skutt test kiln (Cone 6 max)
- 1 brand new electric wheel (Venco Direct Drive)
- Venco table-top slab roller
- Flat spaces for handbuilding / mould making / glazing / decorating
- Shelving & storage for glazes, clay etc
- Shower, sink and toilet
- Downstairs available all day/night Monday to Friday only (on weekends downstairs ceramic space is used by owner)
- Concrete floor & high ceilings (it is a small warehouse essentially)
- Wireless internet included
- High clearance roller door
- Wheelchair accessible
- 2 car parking spaces
- Bus stop just outside the premises
- Cafe on the premises (open weekdays)
Option of another approx 68sqm shared office space available upstairs - carpeted - strictly for 'no-mess' work such as photography, paperwork, training (no lift - not wheelchair accessible). Upstairs is also a shared space with owner (although like downstairs, owner is only onsite on weekends). Upstairs space has small kitchen (kettle, sink, bar fridge), TV (internet only - no antenna), lounge & limited office desks.
Available from now (July 2016) to end of November 2016 only.
Artist must have their own public liability insurance (e.g. member of Australian Ceramics Association).
- Electricity 90% responsibility of lessee - minus 10% contributed by owner for owner's use on weekends.
- Lessee must have reputable public liability insurance (e.g. member of Australian Ceramics Association with insurance option)
- Lessee must be an experienced Ceramics practitioner with at least 4 years experience and practical knowledge of safe equipment use
- Any equipment breakages and damage are to be paid for in full by the lessee e.g. kiln damage
- 3 months rent in advance for bond
- Lessee must pay for their own waste removal e.g. bins
- Lessee must follow best practice studio maintenance and OH&S e.g. clean floors weekly at a minimum, vacuum kiln after use, not running kiln when people are present, cleaning pug mill/ensuring clay doesn't dry inside through regular use/wet covers etc.
- Lessee must leave the studio clean and tidy at the end of each week
The lessor will cover:
- Water bill
- Internet (100GB allowance shared)
- 10% electricity usage
- Contents insurance
- Ongoing major equipment maintenance e.g. replacing elements in kiln, air conditioning maintenance
- Lessor will leave the studio clean and tidy at the end of each weekend
- Any equipment damage they incur and their own waste removal
2 car parking spaces provided