EASEY ST ARTIST STUDIOS and GALLERY (VISUAL ART AND CRAFT STUDIOS)
EASEY ST ARTIST STUDIOS AND GALLERY
At the present we have TWO studio available for rent from 1st July 2018.
1) This downstairs studio is 2.4 meters high walls with a lockable exterior door which leads into two divided areas - the space within this studio is 15 squared meters in total. The walls are fully lined with power and fluroscent lighting in both areas. It would suit a person who may wish to use one area as a writing area and the other area for your practice. Or for two people you could have your own discrete area with an adjoining door leading from one half to the other. What ever the configeration this is a desirable studio. The studio also has acess to an outside driveway and outdoor work area.
The studio would suit a illustrator, painter, installation artist, mixed visual arts media, small sculpture works, photographer, small arts business, etc. The studio is located on the ground floor of the building. and can be occupied by 1-2 persons only. Rent is $400pcm.
2) Fully enclosed (floor to ceiling) lockable 20 squared meter studio with power and flouroscence situated on the ground floor with access to an outside driveway and outdoor work area. It has been fully painted internally. This is a sought after studio and has been popular with its occupants now being the first time it has become available in 4 years. This studio would suit a photographer, painter, installation artist, craft worker, ceramics, soft sculpture, fashon designer, arts business etc. The studio can be share by up to 2 persons only. Rent is $440pcm.
Key deposits are also payable at $50per person and a minumum lease (signed) for 6 months is required then monthly thereafter.
Please read further for general information about the studios.
Our studios are walled and lockable with fluroescent and power. We have windowed studios on three sides of the first floor and two sides of the ground floor. The first floor is usually occupied by artists in 2D and downstairs in 3D however there are exceptions.
All studios are subject to a CPI rise each year (March) and owners rent reviews. There is also a licence agreement to sign. Rentals are initially for 6 months then monthly thereafter. Rents are in advance and there is a $50 key deposit per person.
Please read further information below to gain insight on the ethos of Easey St Studios.
The Easey St Artist Studios and Gallery provide working studio spaces exclusively for the visual artist/craft practitioners. The studios operate to assist in the development of emerging and professional artist/craft artists and also the keen amateur, with a sense of community. Easey St Artist Studios and Gallery is located at 21 Easey St, Collingwood.
A large warehouse which has operated as a Visual Arts Studio for over 18 years. The studios have two floors with maximum light upstairs which is suitable for painters, digital artists, installation artists, small works sculptures and a combination or an arts practice and a small arts business.
Downstairs has less natural light and is suited to ceramics, sculpture, jewellery, installation and mixed media artists, photography, small sculpture and the crafts. There is also an outdoor work area for power tools, spraying and resin work etc. All artists are expected to follow their OH&S practices appropriate to their mediums. The warehouse has 2 common spaces, kitchenettes and seating area are available.
The studios public areas are commercially cleaned. Leases are initially for 6 months, then monthly thereafter. Each artist needs to sign a licence agreement.
Rent covers all the building outgoings including WiFi;
A key deposit of $50 for each person is required.
A yearly % increase applies to studio rentals from April usually the CPI.
An owners rent review also applies every 3 years and can be different than the yearly CPI.
Easey St Art Studios rentals ranges from $240 to $900 per month.
Rents are payable on monthly invoicing through internet banking.
The owner of Easey St Artist Studio and Gallery is the Manager of the building and is a practicing visual artist.
There is no live-in accomodation at the Easey St Studios.
Easey St Artist Studios does have a Contemporary Gallery which is run by LON Gallery. Enquiries should be made to LON on Instagram.
For studio enquiries please contact Lesley Walsh.
1) Rent is paid by 1st each month and is in advance.
2) Invoices are forwarded to tenants via email to be paid via internet banking.
3) At the commencement of the tenancy a licence agreement is signed by each party.
4) There is no bond in lieu of minimal period of rental
5) A Key Deposit is payable with the 1st months rent (and returned on the tenant vacating their studio which is to be made good.
6) Small studios are for 1 tenant only (up to 12 squared meters) Thereafter larger studios can have a maximum of 2 tenants only..
1) The Buildings are locked at all times for security reasons. Access is provided through a key deposit and a register is kept of all keys.
2) Exhibitions etc. are to be staffed by the artist at all times. Artists are responsible for hanging and taking down their exhibitions and making the walls good.
3) Public liability and building insurances is provided to the common areas of the warehouse.
4) Artists should consider their own insurances for their studio space.
5) There is no residential accomodation provided at Easey St.
6) The studio are available only for medium or long term - initial 8 months lease then monthly thereafter. Artists who require the studio for the short term need to discuss there needs before accepting a studio.
7) The studios are not suitable for the performing arts.
1) Rent is one month in advance
2) A $50 key deposit is also applicable for all artists entering the studios
3) Invoicing is standard - invoices are forwarded to artists and craft practitioners via email on the 23 of each month with rent being payable on the last day of the month (via internet banking). No cheques are accepted.
4) Unlimited WiFi is provided and is included in the monthly rent
5) All general bills are also included within the monthly rent.
6) Art or craft practices reliant on heave use of power e.g. kilns or long length (2 hours or more) photographic sessions will be charged an extra sum for power.
7) There is a CPI increase yearly applied in April of each year
8) There is a lease agreement to sign. Leases are initially for 6 months then monthly thereafter
9) Some larger studios can accommodate up to 2 people only and will be advertised as such
10) The majority of studios are lockable studios
11) All studios are walled, have fluorescent lighting and power points.
12) Loud music is not acceptable and studio artists should use ear phones when using listening to music or when audio art works are in progress
13) There may be Photographs on this site which generally show a selection of studios and may not represent the actual studio offered for lease. If so available studio photos will be identified as such.
14) Prospective artists do need to view studios prior to accepting a lease.
15) From time to time the buildings owner will undertake a rent review for the whole building which would mean an increase in rent outside of yearly CPI increase. Presently this is every 3 years.
16) There is no residential accommodation offered at the studios
A driveway belonging to Easey St Artist Studios and Gallery is located next to the building. There is space for 1-2 small cars. The parking is on a first in first served basis - there is a processes in place for the moving of the cars.