EASEY ST ARTIST STUDIOS and GALLERY (VISUAL ART AND CRAFT STUDIOS)
STUDIOS PRESENTLY AVAILABLE
We have TWO studios available
1) This studio is 9 square meters and is available from the 1st May 2017. The studio is located on the first floor. It is in a private area of the studios but is not lockable and is basic. The studio has natural light being very close to a large skylight. It also has flourescent lighting and power. Rent is $240pcm. This studio would suit a painter, illustrator, small sculpture, etc.
2) The second studio is 20 square meters and is available from 1st June. This studio is a lockable room located away from the main studio area and therefore quiet and private. Natural light comes from high windows running along one wall. The studio also has power and flourescent lighting. Rent for this studio is $400 pcm. The studio can be shared by 2 persons only. Suit painters, soft and small sculpture, illustrators, fashon, and start up arts business. etc.
EASEY ST ARTIST STUDIOS AND GALLERY
The Easey St Artist Studios and Gallery provide working studio spaces exclusively for the visual artist/craft practitioners. The studios operate to assist in the development of emerging and professional artist/craft artists and also the keen amateur, with a sense of community. Easey St Artist Studios and Gallery is located at 21 Easey St, Collingwood.
A large warehouse which has operated as a Visual Arts Studio for over 18 years. The studios have two floors with maximum light upstairs which is suitable for painters, digital artists, installation artists, small works sculptures and a combination or an arts practice and a small arts business.
Downstairs has less natural light and is suited to ceramics, sculpture, jewellery, installation and mixed media artists, photography, small sculpture and the crafts. There is also an outdoor work area for power tools, spraying and resin work etc. All artists are expected to follow their OH&S practices appropriate to their mediums. The warehouse has 2 common spaces, kitchenettes and seating area are available.
The studios public areas are commercially cleaned. Leases are initially for 6 months, then monthly thereafter. Each artist needs to sign a licence agreement.
Rent covers all the building outgoings including WiFi;
A key deposit of $50 for each person is required.
A yearly % increase applies to studio rentals from April usually the CPI.
An owners rent review also applies every 3 years and can be different than the yearly CPI.
Easey St Art Studios rentals ranges from $240 to $800 per month.
Rents are payable on monthly invoicing through internet banking.
The owner of Easey St Artist Studio and Gallery is the Manager of the building and is a practicing visual artist.
There is no live-in accomodation at the Easey St Studios.
Easey St Artist Studios does have a Contemporary Gallery which is run by LON Gallery. Enquiries should be made to LON on Instagram.
To make studio enquiries please contact Lesley Walsh.
From $55 per week ($220 per month) includes outgoings. Yearly % increases
1) The Buildings are locked at all times for security reasons. Access is provided through a key deposit and a register is kept of all keys.
2) Exhibitions etc. are to be staffed by the artist at all times. Artists are responsible for hanging and taking down their exhibitions and making the walls good.
3) Public liability and building insurances is provided to the common areas of the warehouse.
4) Artists should consider their own insurances for their studio space.
5) There is no residential accomodation provided at Easey St.
6) The studio are available only for medium or long term - initial 8 months lease then monthly thereafter. Artists who require the studio for the short term need to discuss there needs before accepting a studio.
7) The studios are not suitable for the performing arts.
1) Rent is one month in advance
2) A $50 key deposit is also applicable for all artists entering the studios
3) Invoicing is standard - invoices are forwarded to artists and craft practitioners via email on the 23 of each month with rent being payable on the last day of the month (via internet banking). No cheques are accepted.
4) Unlimited WiFi is provided and is included in the monthly rent
5) All general bills are also included within the monthly rent.
6) Art or craft practices reliant on heave use of power e.g. kilns or long length (2 hours or more) photographic sessions will be charged an extra sum for power.
7) There is a CPI increase yearly applied in April of each year
8) There is a lease agreement to sign. Leases are initially for 6 months then monthly thereafter
9) Some larger studios can accommodate up to 2-3 people only and will be advertised as such
10) The majority of studios are lockable studios
11) All studios are walled, have fluorescent lighting and power points.
12) Loud music is not acceptable artists should use ear phones when using listening to music or with audio art works in progress
13) Photographs on this site are of a selection of studios only they may not represent the actual studio offered for lease
14) Prospective artists do need to view studios prior to accepting a lease
15) There is no residential accommodation offered at the studios
A driveway belonging to Easey St Artist Studios and Gallery is located next to the building. There is space for 1-2 small cars. The parking is on a first in first served basis - there is a processes in place for the moving of the cars.