East Sydney Community and Arts Centre
Type of space: Community Hall, Dance Studio, Multi-use Space, Performance venue, Theatre, Rehearsal Space
East Sydney Community and Arts Centre (ESCAC) is a new 2-storey building on the corner of Burton and Palmer streets, centrally located in Darlinghurst’s creative hub. A 10-minute walk from Museum Station and 5-minutes from Oxford St, this state-of-the-art rehearsal facility and performance space features a sprung floor with tarkett, mirrors, kitchenette, storage and accessible toilets.
The space is designed for Performing Artists preparing for production, training or building their creative practice as well as being a venue suitable for small scale performance or events.
- Total hall size 17.3m x 9.7m (168msq)
- 3.4m to 4m ceiling height
- Mirrors with curtain cover-up
- Black-out blinds
- Sprung floor with 2mm tarkett
- 9 x trestle tables and 100 x chairs
- Foyer entrance/waiting area
- Fridge, microwave, instant hot water
- In house 4 x speaker PA system
- 4 channel sound mixer
- Accessible toilet with shower and baby change facility
- Separate storage spaces (available by arrangement)
First-time hirers must allow 24hrs notice for initial booking as a staff member will need to be available to meet you at the studio to induct you into the space. Venue inspections for this studio can be prearranged with Management. All hirers must adhere to the Studio’s Terms and Conditions.
On-street parking is limited to 2 hours metered parking in Darlinghurst, however there are many public transport options available at nearby Oxford Street (373, 399, 392, 394 and M10).