Gallery at City Library
Type of space: Art Gallery
Why not hold your first solo exhibition in one of Australia's busiest public libraries?
Located right near Flinders Street Station and the bustling Degraves precinct, City Library averages over 2500 visitors per day.
The gallery on level 1 at City Library is dedicated to promoting emerging artists and is an affordable way to hold a solo or group exhibition right in the heart of Melbourne.
Displaying at City Library offers emerging artists a professional development opportunity working within a public library as well as planning and curating an exhibition. Another bonus is we don't take commission on the sale of artworks!
Included in the hire fee is:
- Exhibition space for 4 weeks (including installation and de-installation) in a venue open to the public daily
- Professional advice from the exhibition team on display techniques
- 1hr gallery induction (required)
- 1hr exhibition planning session (optional)
- Event technician support for installation and launch
- Access to installation tools including ladders, cordless drill, etc
- Use of display cases
- Marketing and promotion throughout the library service
- Event equipment for exhibition launch
- After hours alarm protection and security
Contact us for full details, gallery specs and an application form.
Hire of the gallery is for a four week period including installation. Refer to the City of Melbourne Libraries Gallery Guide on our website for full details.
This space is suitable for