Applications are now open to exhibit with us from June 2018 to June 2019.
Located in Victoria Harbour, Library at the Dock is more than just your traditional library boasting community spaces, makerspace, recording studio, MacLab, gallery and some of the best views in Melbourne.
The gallery, located on level 1, is dedicated to telling community stories and fostering an appreciation for the arts. This versatile large space can include both two and three-dimensional works as well as multimedia installations. The gallery includes a range of display cases, moveable gallery walls, projectors, hanging rails and multi-touch screens.
Priority will be given to community organisations, however artists/individuals are also encouraged to apply.
The cost includes:
- Exhibition space for 4 weeks (including installation and de-installation) in a venue open to the public daily
- Professional advice from the exhibition team on display techniques
- 1hr gallery induction (required)
- 1hr exhibition planning session (optional)
- Event technician support for installation and launch
- Access to installation tools including ladders, cordless drill, etc
- Use of display cases and 4x moveable gallery walls
- Use of two projectors, Phillips wall mounted screen and multi-touch table
- Marketing and promotion throughout the library service
- Event equipment for exhibition launch
- After hours alarm protection and security
Please contact us for further details or an application form.