The New Farm Neighbourhood Centre is situated across the road from New Farm Park, close to the river and a short walk to shops and cafes. The venue’s main hall is the Elizabeth McLean Community Room. This is a light, airy high-ceilinged multi purpose area, with a projection screen, kitchen, tables and seating for up to 50 people.
The room is perfect for dance classes, meetings, gatherings and playgroups. The venue also boasts a shady, spacious outdoors area, with grassed barbecue area, children’s playground, reconciliation circle and sunshades. (Please note: the back garden area is a smoke free zone.)
There is also a smaller room available – ideal for meetings of any kind, up to 10 or 12 people. This light air-conditioned space is private and pleasant. This is a fantastic venue in an unbeatable location, with so much versatility. All within the confines of one of Brisbane’s most iconic neighbourhood centres.
Community hire rates are for events/courses and classes that are open to the general public to attend and it is mandatory to supply us with information to market the event on our What’s On section. Supporting documents must be submitted in advance of booking to receive these rates.
• Community Casual Hire: $30 per hour - For community groups that hire out Communify Spaces as a one off / or make random bookings throughout the year.
• Community Permanent Hire: $20 per hour - For community groups that hire our Communify Spaces five (5) or more times consecutively throughout the year.
• Community Hire: $15 per hour - For community groups who are not an incorporated organisation or a not for profit, but who meet a need in the Community. These groups may have a membership and only charge a minimum fee to cover their basic costs.
• Not for Profit Hire: $10 per hour – For groups / businesses that have an ABN and a certificate from the Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission (ACNC) website or a Certificate of Incorporation as an Association with the Queensland Government.
• Core Hire: $5 per hour – For groups that meet Communify’s Core Values - https://communify.org.au/mission/.
The below rates ($50 per hour) are for groups hiring our Community Spaces for business, training and/or private functions (including parties) where your event is not deemed to be a community event and/or is not open to the general public to attend.
• Corporate, Business, Training, Workshops and/or Presentation Hire
• Exhibition Hire
• Private Event Hire (including parties)
All hire rates include GST.
Hiring of our venues incurs a $25.00 one off swipe card administration fee. Your swipe card is your responsibility. Any extra cards required will cost $15.
Please get in contact with us for more information about catering at our venues.
As a hirer you must have public liability insurance for at least $10,000,000
Street parking available