The Newmarket (formerly The Newmarket Bowls Club) is a beautiful historic venue offering three different areas: a large upstairs hall, a downstairs lounge bar plus a Brisbane City Council - licensed industrial kitchen upstairs.
The upstairs hall has a polished wooden floor, chairs and tables, a small stage. It is light and airy with a stunning high ceiling.
Hall Dimensions: 22.6 m long (including Stage) x 9.4 m wide The hall has an extension on one side, (the “100 club” area) overlooking the bowling greens.
This is a useful aside section which can be used for smaller gatherings, or as a separate seating area.
There are 180 chairs, and 15 tables available for use upstairs.
The hall also has its own commercial kitchen including huge bench spaces, a dishwasher, oven, fridges and a microwave. “100 Club” Dimensions: 13.3 m long x 5.6 m wide
Community hire rates are for events/courses and classes that are open to the general public to attend and it is mandatory to supply us with information to market the event on our What’s On section. Supporting documents must be submitted in advance of booking to receive these rates.
• Community Casual Hire: $30 per hour - For community groups that hire out Communify Spaces as a one off / or make random bookings throughout the year.
• Community Permanent Hire: $20 per hour - For community groups that hire our Communify Spaces five (5) or more times consecutively throughout the year.
• Community Hire: $15 per hour - For community groups who are not an incorporated organisation or a not for profit, but who meet a need in the Community. These groups may have a membership and only charge a minimum fee to cover their basic costs.
• Not for Profit Hire: $10 per hour – For groups / businesses that have an ABN and a certificate from the Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission (ACNC) website or a Certificate of Incorporation as an Association with the Queensland Government.
• Core Hire: $5 per hour – For groups that meet Communify’s Core Values - https://communify.org.au/mission/.
The below rates ($50 per hour) are for groups hiring our Community Spaces for business, training and/or private functions (including parties) where your event is not deemed to be a community event and/or is not open to the general public to attend.
• Corporate, Business, Training, Workshops and/or Presentation Hire
• Exhibition Hire
• Private Event Hire (including parties)
All hire rates include GST.
Hiring of our venues incurs a $25.00 one off swipe card administration fee. Your swipe card is your responsibility. Any extra cards required will cost $15.
No BYO available.
Please contact us to discuss using our licensed caterer or provide a licensed caterer yourself
As a hirer you must have public liability insurance for at least $10,000,000