The Artist-in-Residence (AIR) program of Parramatta Artists’ Studios (PAS) offers a residential apartment and studio space to artists from outside of Sydney, Australia.
The program supports artists from diverse practices and across career stages, and cultivates a supportive environment for artists to progress their careers by providing:
- a subsidised studio space in the Parramatta CBD
- up to AUD $500.00 materials budget
- professional development programs including curatorial visits
- a community and network of artists and arts workers
- opportunities to connect with artistic and local communities through public programs
Description of the apartment:
- 2 bedroom (one double-bed, one single-bed)
- 2 bathroom
- 2 balcony
- Combined lounge, dining and fully-equipped kitchen
- Laundry with washing machine and dryer
- Air conditioned (lounge, dining & kitchen area only)
- Fully furnished
- 1 on-site car spot
- Communal rooftop area
- Please note that the apartment is located a short 8 minute walk to the PAS studio facility where the artist-in-residence studio is located.
- No. of studios available: One (1) studio space available, situated in a separate location from the residential apartment
- Studio residency length: 1, 2, or 3 month tenancies
- Studio dates: Residencies are available from 1 August 2020 - 30 June 2021
- Studio location: Level 2, 68 Macquarie Street, Parramatta, NSW, 2150, Australia
- Weekly fee: The residency fee is AUD $95.00 per week for the apartment and studio. Please note that each additional person staying in the apartment will incur an additional fee of $24.00 AUD. A maximum of three (3) people are permitted to stay in the apartment. Fees are subject to change.
- Shared facilities: Paint and chemical sink, kitchen, bathrooms, communal area and one shared car spot for loading/unloading.
- Equipment access: Screens, projectors, DSLR camera, easels and wifi connection.
- Applications open – 28 January 2020
- Applications close – 24 March 2020, AEDT midnight
- Applicants notified – 1 May 2020
- Studio tenancies commence – 1 August 2020 - 30 June 2021
APPLY AND MORE INFORMATION
To apply, or for more information, visit https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/living-community/things-to-do/the-arts/parramatta-artists-studios-studio-and-artist-in-residence
The residency fee is AUD $95.00 per week for the apartment and studio.
Please note that each additional person staying in the apartment will incur an additional fee of AUD $24.00. A maximum of three (3) people are permitted to stay in the apartment.
Applicants must apply through our website: https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/living-community/things-to-do/the-arts/parramatta-artists-studios-studio-and-artist-in-residence
There is limited on-street paid parking available.
Paid parking is available nearby at the City Centre Car Park, 71 George Street, Parramatta (enter via Horwood Place).
There are mobility car spaces on Macquarie Street, near Marsden Street. Paid mobility car spaces are available at the City Centre Car Park, 71 George Street, Parramatta (enter via Horwood Place).