Applications are open once per year for Studio and Artist-in-Residence programs. Applications for 2018 Studio tenancy are open from 24 July, closing midnight Monday 18 September 2017. For more information and to submit an application, please get in touch via the red 'Send Email' or 'Show Number' buttons.
Parramatta Artists Studios (PAS) is the energetic home for creative production in the centre of Western Sydney.
Established in 2006, we have served over 100 artists by:
* providing professional workspaces
* enabling creative projects
* networking artists with arts influencers, local communities and peers
* building a hub for artistic practice and ideas
We are dedicated to delivering a valuable and productive studio and residency program networking artists in the City of Parramatta. PAS artists make, connect and find inspiration in Parramatta, contributing significantly to its vibrant and quickly growing cultural sector.
Featuring 14 studios, PAS offers discrete lockable studios for private studio time, PAS also has fantastic communal space that encourages networking and casual chats about ideas and career paths. Studios range from 15 to 35 sqm each. A strategic professional development program connects studio artists with curators, collectors and other practising artists to ensure industry relevance and foster industry links.
An artist-in-residence program is also delivered for artists from regional NSW, interstate and internationally. The AIR program is for periods of 2 weeks to 3-months, with artists residing in an apartment by the Parramatta River, which is a 10 minute walk to the studio complex.
Artists must apply through PAS' annual application round. The current round closes on 18 September 2017. Allocation of studios is undertaken by a Selection Committee established by PAS. PAS welcomes applications from artists of all career stages. Applications are open to:
• Artists from all disciplines, including but not limited to painting, digital media, photography, filmmaking, performance, sculpture and writing.
• Artists from Parramatta, Western Sydney and across NSW are welcome to apply for studio tenancies.
• Artists from regional NSW, interstate and overseas are welcome to apply for the Artist-in-Residence program.
• Applicants must be 18 years of age or above.
• Post-graduate students are eligible to apply. Applications from undergraduate students will only be considered if a studio is not supplied as part of their course.
One on-site communal car spot is available for unloading/loading materials only. Affordable street parking and parking stations are available in the surrounding area. Street parking is free on Sundays.