Looking for a unique warehouse experience for your next event? Second Story Studios offers the perfect atmosphere for anything from fashion shows and fundraisers to birthdays, weddings and engagement parties.
In the heart of Collingwood, inside the warehouse on the corner of Hoddle and Johnston street, you'll find the perfect hidden spot for your next event.
Upstairs, our heated blank canvas-style hero, the "Next Level Space", is roughly 288/m2 with space for up to 400 guests. We host a wide range of large-scale events from seminars, performances and fashion shows, to corporate events and weddings. In addition to that, there's the "Headspace", a 40/m2 boardroom that can also be utilised as a dressing room, cloakroom, green room etc. The Next Level Space includes a stage, professional sound system, a fully operational bar with delicious drinks package options (1am liquor licence), two toilet blocks, an outside rooftop area and cosy lounge corners to hang with your favourite people.
We value community feeling as much as handling your requirements in a professional manner. Our passionate and experienced crew will work closely with you to take care of your wishes, so you can enjoy your time, focus on your guests and walk out of the door with a big smile after a succesful event.
Exclusive package option: If you want to document your event with photography and/or video/cinematography there is the possibility to use our services with professional in-house photographers and videographers with a discount. There's also a creative décor team available on request and delicious, healthy food catering options.
Start a conversation with our Events Manager to find out how we can help you run your special day or night.
- Capacity: 250 seated, 400 Standing
- Space Dimensions: 20.6m x 14.2m = 292.52sq/m (Including Stage Area) + Bar Area + Toilets + Boardroom + Kitchen = 425 sq/m total event space area (not including outside patio area)
- Blank canvas design can accommodate a wide array of event styles
- Bar with 1am liquor licence hosted by experienced, friendly bar staff
- Drinks packages and specials to suit your event including tailored cocktail/mocktail list
- Pop-up cocktail bar option for larger events
- Huge range of basic, premium and top-shelf spirits
- Locally sourced craft beers on tap and vegan organic wines/sparkling
- Quality, healthy food catering on request - organic and locally sourced where possible
- Creative decor team available on request (subject to booking availability)
- Audio: 2 x QSC 153 speakers (3-way 15”), 2 x QSC 181 sub woofers (1-way 18”), basic analogue mixer w/iPod connectivity.
- Additional AV/production equipment and staff for hire, including digital mixer, wired microphones, wireless microphones, microphone stands, DJ mixer etc.
- Walls: White painted plaster/brick walls with black features - very Collingwood!
- Flooring: Polished/sealed concrete
- Ceiling Height: 3.15m to underside of steel girders (Saw-tooth building roof)
- Décor: Assortment of couches, carpets, cushions, lighting, chairs etc.
- Rigging: Loading points around the entire perimeter of the room on the ceilin
- Soundproofing: Average level of soundproofing
- Amenities: 6 x Toilets, 40 sq/m kitchen with basic amenities for preparing food/snacks for events.
FULL DAY RATES:
Mon - Wed | Finished by 11 p.m. = $1,100
Thursday | Finished by midnight = $1,650
Friday | Finished by 1 a.m. = $2,750
Saturday | Finished by 1 a.m. = $3,850
Sunday | Finished by 11 p.m. = $1,650
*ALL RATES ARE INCLUSIVE OF GST*
Bump-in and bump-out of the space is included within the booked time of use. A minimum of 50% deposit payment must be made to secure all booking dates/times.
Please be advised that the above rates are subject to change and exclude additional services such as food & beverage packages, AV hire and support, photography/videography, security and décor. Please contact us directly for a formal quote.
- Abundance of street parking in the local area with varying time limits from 1-4 hours
- 150-space public car park next to Victoria Park Train Station (5 mins walk, $6 per day).