The Edge, State Library of Queensland
Type of space: Co-Working Space, Hackerspace, Hot Desk, Makerspace (Shared open space for making), Music Rehearsal Space, Sound Recording Studio, Manufacturing/Fabrication Space
The Edge is a Library + community makerspace + resource hub for all things art, science, technology and enterprise.
Imagined as a model for the library of the future, The Edge is a visionary space for creatives and innovators, providing the resources and platform to explore creativity across art, science, technology, and enterprise. Day-to-day, the community and venue spaces are filled with artists, researchers, makers, hackers, hobbyists and programmers working on their own and collaborative projects, or attending hands-on workshops and courses facilitated by The Edge.
For individuals and groups, The Edge offers free co-working spaces that are bookable online. Each window bay (we call the spaces window bays - you'll know why when you see them) offers spectacular river and city views, with floor to ceiling windows. Each bay has tables, chairs, privacy curtain and power outlets. Some bays also have tech gear for presentations, with monitors and audio.
What's on offer at The Edge?
- Free wi-fi
- Coffee Shop
- Bookable and shared spaces with desks for working alone or with a group
- Creative short courses and workshops from Mac basics, to Adobe Creative Suite, and Wordpress, to basic electronics + more!
- Digital Media Lab with creative, development and modelling software
- Recording Studio with near-professional equipment
- Fabrication Lab; a makerspace equipped with professional machinery, equipment and tools offering a workshop or hobby space for anyone with a creative project
- Venues to hire for meetings, exhibitions, conferences, displays, and more. If you have a Venue Hire enquiry, please contact us.
The Edge is a free space. Some resources and workshops require a minimal fee to use or attend. We offer venue hire spaces for to hold your next private, community or corporate event.
Paid parking only