The Establishment Studios is Melbourne's most unique combined creative space; uniting a location-style photographic studio and boutique event space, with prop and surface/background hire, all under one incredibly inspiring roof.
Originally housing a working textile mill in the 1920's, a relatively tired warehouse facade doesn't prepare for the soaring ceilings and perfect marriage of both period and modern architectural features in the main space and attached ivy-laden Victorian terrace.
Catering to still photography, film, boutique events, and prop hire, The Establishment Studios offers it's clients the opportunity to create outcomes beyond comparison. Coupled with a commitment to excellent customer service and attention to detail, we attract a visionary clientele who values a positive experience, and are looking to escape the ordinary.
Within our walls we have three different spaces available for hire, each with their own personality...
The Front Studio
- Partially enclosed, 35sqm studio-style space
- Incredibly beautiful natural light through frosted warehouse-style east facing windows
- White lime-washed timber floors / white painted walls / section of partially exposed brick
- Single phase power
- Perfect for shooting food, still life, portraits, fashion, smaller interior
- Suitable for holding small workshops
- Expansive open-plan, 130sqm warehouse space
- Accommodates the use of indirect natural light or photographic lighting
- Multiple and varied fixed wall options across colour, texture and pattern.
- White painted timber floors / 7 metre high industrial beamed ceiling
- Single and three phase power
- Perfect for shooting large-scale fashion and interiors, particularly those that require small set-builds
- Suitable for holding workshops, industry talks, and product launches
The Wallpaper Room
- Intimate 13sqm room within the attached terrace house
- Subtle natural light through one east facing terrace-style ivy-laden bay window.
- Dark, raw timber floorboards / walls of exposed layers of original paint and wallpaper
- Single phase power
- Perfect for shooting portraits, fashion, and still life photography
We offer half day and full day hire plus special rates for test shoots, students and editorial. Please contact the studio for these rates.
The Establishment Studios can accommodate up to 50 people for events. All music and noise must cease by 10pm and the hirer must provide a liquor licence if serving alcohol. Please email us to find more about our event hire terms and conditions.
- Spaces are hired individually or as a whole
- Full day hire is 9hrs between 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday
- Half day hire is 5hrs between 8am - 1pm and 1pm - 6pm Monday to Friday
- Before/after hours and weekend hire is available upon request
- Clients must adhere to our terms and conditions as specified in our studio hire document
2 hour street parking is available on Grattan Street. Paid parking is available at the Safeway and Coles car park on Izett Street and Prahran Market has ample undercover parking. Their early bird fee is $9.50 if you park before 10am on market days.