WHERE WE ARE
Located in the recently restored Young Husband Wool Store in Kensington, are The Fox Creative Spaces – a collection of private office/studio spaces suitable for small creative businesses, artists and makers.
Originally built in the late 1800s, the building has exposed brick interiors, lofty ceilings and heaps of industrial charm: its impressive exterior and cobblestone laneways have been used in Hollywood films, TV dramas and commercials.
Young Husband Wool Store is now home to a vibrant community of creative businesses: from independent artists to production companies, theatrical producers, musicians, furniture designers, events managers and more.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Fox Creative Spaces offer just six private office/studio spaces, and are looking to establish a collaborative environment where tenants may find opportunities to work together: both with their immediate neighbours and with the wider community at Young Husband Wool Store.
WHAT WE OFFER
Depending on your needs, each space is suitable for 1-3 people (~9 meters sq.) and can be rented unfurnished or with a desk and other furnishings for a small additional cost per week.
The front entrance opens into a gallery (~63 meters sq), which will be used for exhibitions/functions and would be open to proposals from tenants who may want to showcase their work. The rear entrance leads into a kitchenette and flexible communal space (~26 meters sq.) which is suitable for meetings, workshops and presentations.
Photographers in particular will benefit from being next door to The Fox Darkroom, a photographic darkroom which serves a thriving community of film enthusiasts from across Melbourne. Special membership rates will be available for tenants.
- Private, lockable offices or artist spaces suitable for 1-3 people.
- Kitchenette with coffee machine, toaster, sandwich press & dishwasher.
- Communal area, doubling as a generous photo studio or workshop/presentation space.
- Next door to photographic darkroom, with membership rates for tenants.
- Attached to a gallery, with potential to hire for exhibitions, functions, pop-up shops.
- Spaces are unfurnished or available with furnishings for +$5 per week.
- Broadband internet access and utilities included.
- Bike locking facilities and ample street parking for cars.
- 24 hour access 7 days a week with two entrances to the spaces.
- Close to Kensington & Macaulay stations, 10-15 minutes from CBD.
- Shared toilet within building.
Pricing based on occupancy of each space:
$130 per week – 1 person
$200 per week – 2 persons
$250 per week – 3 persons
Pricing for use of gallery space available on enquiry.
Initial lease agreement is for 6+ months, subject to a 2 month trial period. Longer term tenants preferred though shorter term enquiries are also welcome.
1 month rent in advance and a bond equal to 1 month rent payable at commencement of lease.
Ample street parking & secure garage parking available (for additional cost).