Wollongong Creative Spaces
Type of space: Design Studio, Film Editing Suite, Art Gallery, Multi-use Space, Office Space, Photography Studio, Residency, Window Space, Visual Art Studio
About Wollongong Creative Spaces – Lower Town Hall Studios
Local creative practitioners are invited to submit Expressions of Interest for six available studios in the Wollongong Creative Spaces - Lower Town Hall Studios. The studios are located in the heart of the Arts Precinct, in the basement of Wollongong Town Hall, corner of Kembla Street and Crown Street. The Lower Town Hall Studio program exists side by side with Wollongong City Council’s Creative Spaces strategy to utilise empty buildings and shop fronts and to encourage and support partnership between local business and local artists. Each studio artist is encouraged and supported to participate in scheduled open studio tours, Community Cultural Development workshops, ‘Creative Dialogues’ artist talks and artist markets in the Arts Precinct.
About the available studio
The available studios are approximately 3m x 4m with private lockable entrance, carpet, security windows, fluorescent lighting, and access to power. Each studio has shared use of the Lower Town Hall Studios common area, kitchenette, access to water, and shared toilet facilities. The studio contribution is currently $10 per week to cover utilities and is available on a rolling Licence Agreement. 14 days’ notice to vacate is applicable to both parties. The studios are currently undergoing refurbishment including new paint and carpet.
Applications are now closed, but you can still register interest via the red 'Send Email' button.
14 Days' notice to vacate is applicable to both parties.
• Practitioners working within any of the arts disciplines (visual, literary, performing, media, craft and design).
• Emerging artists and artists from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
• Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
• Artists must have Public Liability Insurance (PLI) or have the ability to obtain PLI if successful in their application.
• Artists who live in Wollongong LGA are encouraged to apply.
• Practitioners working with hazardous materials and/or wood and metal working machinery cannot apply. However we can keep your Expressions of Interest on file in case a suitable studio becomes available.
Street parking available.