Website Questions and Answers
Is there any charge to create a listing?
How do I create a listing?
How do I update my listing?
How do I remove or hide my listing?
What if I am experiencing technical issues?
What if I have a problem with a venue listed on the site?
How do I subscribe to the newsletter?
I’ve joined the Waiting List, what happens next?
The site is free to use. The Creative Spaces website is funded through a partnership between the City of Melbourne and Arts Victoria to serve the creative industries across Victoria. In keeping with this, listings are moderated to ensure they fit the needs of the community.
- Click on the 'List a Space' button in the top bar.
- If you have never used the site before, click on the ‘Create user account’ button to sign up - it's quick and easy.
- Provide information about your space:
name and description
what the space is used for
any accessibility information
images of the space.
- Submit your listing for approval.
- You will be notified by email when your listing is approved.
- Click the ‘Login’ button in the top bar.
- Enter your user name and password. If you have forgotten your password you can get it sent to you from this page.
- Once logged in you will see a summary of your listings. Click the ‘Edit’ button next to the listing you want to change, then move through the pages as prompted, making adjustments.
- When you are happy, save the listing.
Listings for ‘Shared/Sublet’ and ‘For Lease’ spaces automatically expire after six weeks. You will be contacted by email when this occurs, and you can keep the listing active by following the link sent to you in that email.
If your gallery or venue has closed please contact us to let us know; we will deactivate your listing.
Please contact us to let us know.
We are interested in hearing from you about your experiences in the spaces listed on the site. Feedback, good or bad, is welcome. Please contact us to let us know.
You can tick the box to subscribe to the newsletter when you create your user account, or you can subscribe anytime by going to our front page and entering your email in the box at left.
We keep your details on file and use this list to send out notifications when studio vacancies arise in the buildings we manage. You can keep your details up to date by logging back in at any time.