Public Liability Insurance
Public Liability insurance is essentially third party insurance designed to protect not only members of the public but visitors, trespassers, sub-contractors, or anyone else who may be physically injured and/or whose property may be damaged whilst in the boundaries of the space you are responsible for. As a result, many organisations have started to request Public Liability Insurance from tenants, performers and artists even when there is no public outcome associated with their work. If you require Public Liability Insurance you should contact a professional insurance broker to advise you on what product best suits your needs.
Whilst we do not endorse the services of any of the insurance companies listed below, their names have been provided to us by artists and performers that have used them in the past. If you have secured affordable Public Liability insurance in the past, please let us know.
Performers may look into:
Visual artists, writers and designers may consider the following providers:
- NAVA http://www.visualarts.net.au/
- Craft Victoria: http://craftvic.org.au/members/membership-packages
- QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited: http://www.qbe.com.au/Insurance.html
Community Groups might find something suitable with:
- Jardine Lloyd Thompson Pty: http://www.localcommunityinsurance.com.au/coverage_pl.aspx
- Local Community Insurance Services: www.localcommunityinsurance.com.au