The Crows Nest Artist in Residence
Type of space: Residency, Art Gallery, Makerspace (Shared open space for making), Multi-use Space, Non Traditional, Pop-up Space, Visual Art Studio, Warehouse
Creative Spaces in collaboration with Sunshine Coast Council is excited to launch The Crows Nest Artist in Residence. Perched atop the Maroochy Sailing Club, the Crows Nest is a small space with views out across Maroochy River towards Mt Coolum. Situated on beautiful Chambers Island, accessed via a footbridge, this new creative studio could be yours, free for up to three months.
The space would suit writers, digital and fine artists and creatives with a lighter footprint. It can accomodate one person looking for inspiration and solitude or a collective of two looking to collaborate in paradise.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A brief description of your practice
- Links to examples of your work
- Where do you currently practice?
- What is your connection to the Sunshine Coast?
- Why would you like access to The Crows Nest and what ideas would you like to explore here?
- How long (up to three months) would you intend to base yourself here?
- Do you have preferred timing?
EOI open year-round. Successful applicants will be notified.
A steering committee will convene quarterly to select residents.
In exhange for this space, you may be asked to contribute to a public outcome such as workshops, open studio, exhibition or interview.