We are looking for an ‘anchor resident’ for our photography studio in centrally located Chippendale. It’s a light-filled creative warehouse space, a great professional studio setup for a fashion business / modelling agency / photographer / creative business with a need to shoot regularly at a great value price.
Black Door Studio is a photography studio with co-working studio space upstairs. It’s a long-standing, dedicated photography studio with huge permanent, purpose-built 6m x 6m cyclorama – all just a few minute’s walk from Central Station, Central Park, cafes/shops/bars/galleries. The warehouse space is approx 215 sqm over two storeys, a stone’s throw from busy Kensington Street, Brickfields Bakery, White Rabbit Gallery, The Old Clare Hotel, and all the shops at Central Park.
The photography studio is shared with around 6 other regular members, bookable via a Google calendar, and there is availability in the calendar for up to about 100 hours / month - approximately 3 full-day shoots per week.
The package includes: (this can be tailored to suit your needs - please call us to discuss!)
- Up to 100 hours per month in the photography studio - that’s 3, 8-hour, full day shoots per week - bookable via Google calendar
- Access to lockable storage for equipment
- Access to parking space (shared; see FEATURES below)
- $456 plus GST per week (less than $20/hour - great value)
- This price is based on a 5% discount offered on min. 6 month agreement for new members. The normal price, for terms less than 6 months is $480 plus GST per week.
Desk space in the co-working space upstairs is not included, but each desk can be added at $95/week plus GST if you need it (based on a 5% discount for new members taking on a 6 month agreement - normal price is $100/week + GST).
The co-working space upstairs is shared between photographers, architects, costume designer/stylist, filmmaker and other creatives.
Ideal for photographers looking for a convenient and central studio, the space has built-in shutters, reflective surfaces, and polyboards for general use. It has lots of natural daylight or can be totally blacked out depending on your needs.The space is available 7 days a week with secure keycode entry, and also has Wi-Fi, mirrors, floor drapes, ladders, and trolleys on wheels suitable for laptops etc.
- 24 hour access, 7 days a week
- Easy ground floor access to photography studio (3 steps up from street)
- Alarm/security system (including security cameras) with your own access keycode
- Access to our parking space (shared between 2 users currently; but it is lightly used)
- Street parking is available (metred)
- Temporary dropoff/pickup for shoots is usually available in our shared driveway (subject to availability)
- Shared meeting table (bookable via a shared calendar)
- Shared Kitchen, bathroom with shower
- Shared sofa/chillout space
- Access to Nespresso machine
- Courtyard to the rear shared with others in our warehouse building (artists/designers/photographers)
- Access to our A3 colour printer/photocopier/scanner (pay per use)
- Air-conditioning and wall fans (upstairs only, in the office space)
- Regular cleaning
- Wifi throughout, and Ethernet/LAN connection direct from your desk with business grade ethernet (10 up/10 down) - we are in the process of getting NBN
- Electricity and bills included
One month’s security bond and one month payable in advance. Minimum 3 month lease, 6 month is preferred which is why we offer the discount. Available now.
We require all businesses to have Public Liability Insurance with cover up to $20 million.
If there's something you'd like to discuss or you’d like an alternative arrangement please just get in touch - we look forward to meeting you!
Access to our parking space onsite is included (shared between 2 users currently; but it is lightly used). Parking for dropoff/pickup is usually readily available. There is also metred street parking right outside.