Black Door Studio: Photography Studio + Desk Space
Type of space: Design Studio, Hot Desk, Office Space, Photography Studio, Warehouse
Great long-term shared studio setup for a photographer in a light-filled creative co-working warehouse.
Save massively on our normal day rate prices and book your own shoots as you please!
Black Door Studio is a shared warehouse and photography studio with co-working studio space upstairs.
We are looking for another fun and friendly resident photographer: the package includes desk, photography studio time and storage. Share the photography studio with 5-8 other regulars. The office space is shared with an architectural/design studio, filmmaker, costume designer/stylist and photographers.
The studio is a long-standing photography studio with huge permanent, purpose-built 6m x 6m cyclorama downstairs, and light-filled co-working space upstairs. The studio (approx 215sqm total over two storeys) is close by to all the amenities:
- 6 minute walk from Central Station (Railway Square)
- A few minutes walk to Chippendale cafes, bars and galleries - Brickfields Bakery, The Old Clare, and the White Rabbit Gallery, just to name a few!
- A few minutes walk to our local park, Chippendale Green - along with the Central Park area with shops, cafes, supermarket, cinema and all the amenities at your convenience.
- $840/month + GST
- Save 5% on a min. 6 month agreement - makes it $798/month + GST
- Photography Studio Time (25 hours shooting time per month - that's 3 full days!)
- Your own dedicated Desk Space + roller chair + 6 open shelves available as your office storage
- Access to lockable storage for your photography gear
- 24 hour access, 7 days a week
- Alarm/security system (including security cameras) with your own access keycode
- Dedicated own desk + roller chair
- Shelf space included with desk (6 open shelves)
- Shared meeting table (bookable via a shared calendar)
- Shared Kitchen, bathroom with shower
- Shared sofa/chillout space
- Access to Nespresso machine
- Courtyard to the rear shared with others in our warehouse building (artists/designers/photographers)
- Access to our A3 colour printer/photocopier/scanner (pay per use)
- Air-conditioning and wall fans (upstairs)
- Regular cleaning
- Wifi throughout, and Ethernet/LAN connection direct from your desk with business grade ethernet (10 up/10 down)
- Electricity and bills included
- On site parking space is shared between our residents (open to those who have desk, storage and 25+ hours studio time). For other members, temporary dropoff/pickup is available in our shared driveway subject to availability. Metred street parking is available.
One month’s security bond and one month payable in advance.
Package can be flexible to suit your needs - e.g. if you would like more hours or a slightly different arrangement - just get in touch with us to discuss!
If there's something you'd like to discuss please just get in touch via the contact form.
We look forward to meeting you.
We require all photographers to have Public Liability Insurance with cover up to $20 million.
Minimum term is 3 months. Standard term is 6+ months.
Inclusive of bills
Access to our parking space in the driveway is shared between our residents, available to those who have desk+storage+ 25 hours studio access. Metered street parking is also available, and we can point you towards free all-day parking in the local area.