Creative Spaces in collaboration with Sunshine Coast Council and Sunshine Coast Creative Alliance are transforming the old Caloundra Transit Centre lounge into a creative space for artist studios, workshop and exhibition space.
Creative Spaces is looking for up to four contemporary creative practitioners to anchor the space and a mix of leading creative organisations to position the space as a creative and experimental meeting point for the Southern part of the Sunshine Coast.
The space can accommodate a broad range of practises including digital and visual arts, photography, making, design. We are looking for low impact, agile practices that do not require significant infrastructure. Due to the open plan nature of the building, some practices that create fumes such as spray painting are not suitable.
These micro-tennancies will be available at a reduced rate, assessed by individual needs including space required (in sqm) and practice type.
View the application form
To apply via the above form link, you will be asked to provide:
- A brief description of your practice
- Links to examples of your work
- Are you a proffessional artist, part-time or hobbyist?
- What will you predominately be using the space for?
- What equiptment will you be bringing into the space?
- How much space do you approximately need (sqm)?
- Will you require a lockable studio or communal, open plan studio?
- What days and how many hour per week do you intend on using the space?
- Will you be using the space for a commercial venture?
- Do you have preferred timing?
EOI's close August 1. Applicants will be required to attend a walkthrough and interview at the space.
Creative Spaces will hold 3 walkthroughs aross July (to be notified)
In exhange for this subsidised space, you may be asked to contribute to a public outcome such as workshops, open studio, exhibition or interview.