Studio #8 - Second Story
Type of space: Design Studio, Fashion Studio, Makerspace (Shared open space for making), Manufacturing/Fabrication Space, Multi-use Space, Office Space, Photography Studio, Visual Art Studio, Film Editing Suite, Hackerspace, Warehouse, Co-Working Space, Dance Studio, Photography and Film Location, Pop-up Space, Rehearsal Space, Art Gallery, Cinema, Community Hall, Markets, Music Performance Venue, Non Traditional, Theatre
Second Story is a creative and conscious community hub in the heart of Collingwood, ideally located on the corner of Johnston & Hoddle Street. Second Story is 2 level saw-tooth style warehouse that has been converted and freshly renovated.
Second Story has been in operation for 6 years, and has seen a wide variety of creative professionals through its doors over the years. We currently have resident photographers, videographers, fashion designers and manufacturers, a fashion agent, graphic designer, and other awesome creatives as part of our Second Story family. We celebrate diversity here!
We also have a coworking space in the process of forming alongside our cafe/bar which will be serving up coffee, kombucha, coconut water, beer and wine in our large warehouse space with co-workers interested in collaborating and connecting on upcoming projects.
Studio #8 - 55 sq/m of space is currently available on a full occupancy basis.
Studio rent includes access to fast internet (50 Mbps download, 20 Mbps upload), use of our meeting room, yoga/meditation space, communal kitchen, outdoor lounge, and carpark. Workshop and event spaces can be hired at a discounted rate as well.
55 sq/m = $1,705 (Ex. GST)
The entire space comprises:
- 10 x private professional creative studios, ranging in size from 27 sq/m to 75 sq/m
- 1 x 300 sq/m communal events space, available for public events, private hire and studio tenant use
- 1 x 165 sq/m private workshop/rehearsal/events space, available for private hire and studio tenant use
- 1 x 115 sq/m private workshop/rehearsal/events space (available for private hire and studio tenant use
- 1 x 45 sq/m communal/private workshop space, available for private hire and studio tenant use
- 1 x 40 sq/m meeting room/workshop space, available for private hire and studio tenant use
- 1 x 40 sq/m communal kitchen area
- Art walls for hanging and displaying visual art
- Entrance foyer with parking for bicycles
- 6 x unisex toilet upstairs, 2 x unisex toilets downstairs, 1 x unisex shower downstairs.
- 1 x outdoor lounge
55 sq/m = $1705/month (Inc. GST)
Minimum 6 month lease
- Shared tenants and staff car park on-site (subject to availability on the day)
- Abundance of street parking in the local area with varying time limits from 1-4 hours
- 150-space public car park next to Victoria Park Train Station (5 mins walk, $6 per day).