Located in a 130 year old building, The Old Auction House is an independently run multi-use arts space which has 2 gallery spaces, The Old Auction House Main Gallery and the Studio Gallery. Bookings for the Main Gallery and Studio Gallery from January 2019 are now filling.
The Studio Gallery, is our smaller gallery space but still has over 43m² of floor space and ~14 lineal meters of picture rails, plus flexible hanging solutions for the window space. The gallery is a bright space which sits along the south and west wall of the precinct, in the south half of the building. This space is rentable for a wide variety of artists and mediums. The gallery space is fitted with adjustable hanging display space and room for 3 dimensional art pieces.
The Studio Gallery is set up to accommodate use by on-site studio artists, emerging artists, Honours/Masters
students, and community groups. Eligibility to use The Old Auction House Studio Gallery is at the discretion of management. Any artists or groups applying to hold a show in this space may be asked to prove their eligibility as an emerging artist or community group.
Further information on booking shows is available on our website, or feel free to inquire via the 'send email' button for more details.
20% commission will also be taken on sales
Alcohol may be served for free in the space during gallery openings and events - licensing for sales of alcohol must be organized by the artists.
- 2 week show periods
- special rates available for community groups/schools/special events by agreement
- rental pricing includes overheads of electricity and EFTPOS
- available for group or individual shows
- catering packages available for show openings
- set-up, pack-up and manning included in rental
- general advertising included in rental
- artists will be required to provide high quality images of works for use in advertising
All day on street parking available in surrounding area