Type of space: Art Gallery, Community Hall, Dance Studio, Multi-use Space, Performance venue, Photography Studio, Pop-up Space, Rehearsal Space, Theatre, Warehouse, Cinema, Retail Space
The Sideshow is a place to share, grow and connect, with 250 square metres to accomodate a variety of classes, workshops, photography and film shoots, performances, private functions, art exhibitions and more.
Resources and facilities provided at The Sideshow:
Cafe and staff
- Coordination and venue management
- 2 cafe staff (if additional staff are needed for bigger events, an extra fee is applied)
- Real Chai & Various Tea options
- Bottled Emma & Tom’s juices and sparkling juices
- Raw vegan slices and cakes by Nutri Hitt
The Sideshow does not have any kitchen facilities or preparation spaces. We do not provide catering, but you are welcome to organise your own.
- Internal lighting Options: overhead training lighting, Performance Stage Lighting & Dim Mood Lighting
- 1 Bathroom, shower & toilet facilities
- In house 2k PA with 7 Input Mixer – Also 3.5mm auxiliary cable to connect to an audio device
- Large 5x5m High Projector Space with 50+ Seating
- A variety of chairs, couches, bean bags - enough seating for 50 people and space for 150 people
- 8 x Large Round Tables with 80 chairs
- 2 x Display Trestle Tables
For example (prices may vary):
Private Class (seated area) from $40 per hour
Workshop or Master Class (training area) from $50 per hour
Photography Studio Hire (training area) from $50 per hour
Event Hire from $100 per hour
The Sideshow's opening hours are 2-8pm Monday to Thursday. Use of the space outside of these hours may be charged an additional fee.
There is no parking at The Sideshow, however free street parking is available along Montague Road and between Victoria St and Brady St (unless otherwise signed). For event organisers, short term parking is available in our driveway for dropping off and picking up equipment.