Boyd Garret 2021 writing residency
Boyd Garret residency supports writers working in any field of creative writing including, but not limited to literature, poetry and scriptwriting.
Boyd is the City of Melbourne’s first integrated community service space, housing the Southbank Library, a cafe, family services, meeting rooms and artist studios.
• Number of residencies available: One per year
• Duration: approximately 12 months. Artists are required to be in residence for a minimum of three days per week during normal business hours.
• Artform: any field of creative writing
• Artist fee payment: $10,000
• Studio rent: there is no cost to successful applicant (rent is valued at $4,000)
• Dates: 11 January to 19 December 2021 (dates to be confirmed)
• Location: Boyd Garret, 207 City Road, Southbank
• Studio specifications: 20m2 with large windows, good natural light, carpet, high ceilings
• Access: Artists will have 24/7 swipe card access to the garret and the Boyd building facilities. The garret is only accessible by a staircase.
Go to Annual Arts Grants for full details including eligibility and assessment criteria. Applications close 5pm 28 September 2020.