Ginette Wang is an international award-winning artist based in Melbourne, Australia.
Her artworks focus on visual impact in impressionistic and abstract metaphorical forms across different media. Her artwork explores two distinct themes: Earth and Soul Travel, both focus on capturing peace, energy, and an “essence".
Her art shows intangible things beyond what we can see on the surface, arousing viewers' emotions and transporting them to another time and space.
She was influenced by Impressionist and Contemporary masters in both Eastern and Western art worlds. Ginette paints with her heart and intuition. She usually starts with a deep inner conversation on the subject, then chooses the medium and style which resonate with her vision. Once the painting process starts, her mind, body and brushes are united to story out on canvas. Her deep love and interests in music, dance, literature, nature, animals, astronomy and meditation are often shown in her artwork.
Her artworks have been exhibited at various group and solo exhibitions. Many of her artworks are held in private collections locally and internationally. Several of her paintings have been in permanent collection of Château d'Orquevaux art collection in France and in Xian Yang Art Association in China.
She specialises in wide range of genre, such as portraits, landscape, horses, flowers, boats, etc in impressionistic and abstract styles. Please see her website for more information: www.ginettewang.com
If you wish to contact Ginette to commission an artwork, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ginette has won many international awards and has many solo and group exhibitions nationally and overseas. In 2021, she was awarded one of the "Top 100 artists" by China Art International online exhibition and finalist in Australian Watercolour Muster. In 2016, she won the First Prize in the Watercolour category at the Auckland Royal Easter Art Show. She was also one of the selected international artists for IWS Exhibitions in Moscow (2020), Hong Kong (2020), Romania (2019) and Nepal (2018).
She has been awarded to several international artist residency programs:
• Ginestrelle Artist residency, Assisi, Italy 2022
• Olive Stack Gallery, Listowel, Ireland 2021
• Château d'Orquevaux, France, 2020
Ginette is also a published author and teaches art workshops internationally. She is regularly invited to be a juror for international art competitions judging panel in different countries organised by World Fund of Arts and Euroasian Art Union.
• Selected artist for Assisi, Italy artist residency Program 2022
• Finalist, The Australian Watercolour Muster 2021
• Awarded international artist in the " Top 100 Artists" online exhibition, China Art 2021
• Juror for the International Exhibition and Competition of Modern Art, St Petersburg, Russia 2021
• Selected International artist, Sare Gallery International exhibition, Moscow 2020
• Juror for WATERCOLORium International Watercolour competition, Barcelona 2020
• Juror for WATERCOLORium International Watercolour competition, Russia 2020
• Selected International artist, IWS Hong Kong 2020 exhibition
• Invited Artist for “In Watercolour, We Bond! “ China New Zealand International Invitational Watercolour Exhibition at Gululang Bridge, Xian, China 2019
• Awarded with The Denis Diderot Grant, France 2019
• Selected artist for the artist-in-residence program at Château d'Orquevaux, France 2019
• Selected International artist, IWS Romania “Make Watercolor Great Again”, Bucharest, Romania 2019
• Join exhibition “New Year, New Beginning “ showcase new collection of contemporary Chinese paintings, Tacit Gallery, Hamilton. Feb 2019
• Appointed country head of International Watercolour Society (IWS) New Zealand, 2018
• Selected International artist, IWS Nepal Biannual Festival, Nepal 2018
• Solo Exhibition "A Moveable Feast", Northart Gallery, Auckland, 2018
• Member of Board of Trustees for Mairangi Art centre, 2019
• 3rd Prize in Watercolour New Zealand competition 2018
• Won 4th place in the Watercolour category at the Auckland Royal Easter Art Show 2017
• Merit award at Mairangi Arts Centre members exhibition 2017
• 1st Prize and a Merit award at the AWS Annual Merit Award Exhibition 2016
• 1st Prize in the Watercolour category at the Auckland Royal Easter Art Show 2016
• 3rd prize and People’s Choice Award at the AWS Annual Merit Award Exhibition 2015
• Various group and solo exhibitions 2008 ~ present
website: www.ginettewang.com Instagram: @ginettewang_art