Personal information we collect
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you. You provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you subscribe to a newsletter, create an account to submit content to this website, or contact us with an enquiry. Personal data will be collected by the City of Melbourne only for the purposes of administering the website, except where data is publicly visible on the website.
The personal information we collect may include the following:
- email address
- phone number
- residential and/or workplace postcode
- creative discipline
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin
- payment details (when required to complete a payment)
Unless specific personal information is required to access a feature or complete a task (such as create a space listing or send an enquiry), the disclosure of personal information is optional.
If you subscribe to receive email communications from us and wish to unsubscribe, you can do so by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. You will not receive any further emails unless you re-subscribe.
Cookies and other technologies
Cookies are data files that store information in your browser about the websites you visit. They can make your online experience easier by saving your preferences, and provide us with information about your interactions with our content.
To opt out of Google Analytics tracking, you can download the browser plugin.
Facebook Custom Audience ads
We may use Facebook’s Custom Audiences to deliver advertisements to our subscribers on Facebook. Your personal information is not shared with Facebook; your email address is converted to a unique number that is matched with another unique number within Facebook. You can opt out of Facebook Audience ads.
Clickstream data provides useful information about how users access our website, without identifying individuals. We collect the following for statistical and administration purposes:
- date and time of your visit
- your visited pages
- your operating system
- your IP address
- the browser you are using
We will not attempt to identify individuals from the clickstream data unless required by law or to investigate improper activity in relation to this website.
Links to other websites
- Artist Profile: A publicly accessible page on the website promoting artists, creative practitioners and/or creative organisations.
- Event: An online or live event listing, for example, an online film festival.
- Insights account: Paid access to limited data gathered through the website for a one-off fee.
- Listing: A publicly accessible page on the website promoting a creative space, event or artist profile.
- Network: Refers to Premium account holders who are granted data access to the website and are cross promoted across Creative Spaces platforms.
- Premium account: Paid access to data gathered through the website for an agreed period of time.
- Search/es: Listings that are found via the website search functions.
- Space: Spaces for the purpose of creative use that are listed on the website.
- User: Any person accessing the website.
- Website: Creative Spaces website.