- Floor space
- 40 people
- Ceiling height
- High (3m - 4m)
ArtPlay is a light-filled arts studio located within an inner city park, Birrarung Marr, by the Yarra River. The building is the former Jolimont Lecture Hall circa 1917, owned by the Victorian Railways. Its purpose was for the initial and ongoing training of the Electric Train Drivers.
The ArtPlay Mezzanine is an open space, suitable for small-scale meetings, presentations and craft activities.
Today, ArtPlay is a nationally acknowledged arts centre for children and families. Established in 2004, an annual program of high quality activities for children and families where children are seen as creators and artistic collaborators.
Conveniently located in the heart of the city and easily accessible by train, tram, car and bicycle.
- $480 per half-day (ex GST)
- $896 per day (ex GST)
Short term hire
Features and facilities
- Accesible public transport
- Accessible path to entrance from parking or public transport
- Accessible toilets
- Automatic doors
- Doors wide enough to cater to people in wheelchairs (1100mm+)
- Lift with audio announcements
- Lift with Braille buttons
- Wheelchair access (full space)
- Non-gendered toilets
- CCTV Monitoring
- Air conditioning
- Free wifi