Blinking Billy Point
- Approx. floor space
- 200 people
- Ceiling height
- Various heights
Named affectionately after harbour master William Watchorn, Blinking Billy Point once housed two spotlights on its embankment.
From 1890 until the Second World War, these spotlights worked in conjunction with a series of batteries that formed Hobart’s Derwent Defence Network, in particular Alexandra Battery and after 1909 Fort Nelson. Tucked away below a navigational beacon, the remains of the spotlight encasements offer excellent views of the River Derwent. A well-maintained path from Long Beach leads to below these remains, placing them in perfect position for theatre and musical performances, film shoots, photography, promenade theatre, projection and light installations.
Please refer to our website for more information. Please contact us for information on fees, charges and bookings.
Sandy Bay Road,
Sandy Bay, 7005
License to serve alcohol may be required.
2 carparks & on-street available